Thursday, April 09, 2009
posted by Geetesh
at 11:43 AM IST
This started very differently, and seemed to have ended happily. A post by one of the members on my PowerPoint Stuff from Indezine group on LinkedIn asked about the possibility of this sequence:
- Trainees in a session enter their names at the end of the training.
- Those names are then automatically merged within a PowerPoint based certificate template.
- These can then be printed immediately!
When one of the other members suggested
PPT Merge, a tool created by Steve Rindsberg -- I knew Steve would have more to say. So I invited him to the group, and as it turns out Steve was already working on something on those lines.
As Steve said:
"This general type of problem is something people ask for fairly often and I decided to have a little fun with it. I've written up some fairly generic VBA that'll let you put as many text box controls on a "sign-in" slide as you like. The user fills in the data, hits a "Next slide" button and that also triggers the VBA to take the text they've entered and replace special placeholder text with it throughout the entire presentation. Even threw in a Print Me button on the certificate page."And so, the Certificate Maker was born!